Welcome to the Blog
This right here is my page for rambling. Also known as the blog or a weekly dump of what’s in the brain of K.L. Gilchrist.
Sitting back with this mic in my hand, I hereby make you a few promises:
- I will not preach. I am not a teacher or pastor.
- I will point you toward valuable writing, editing, and publishing resources. So many writers and publishing world folks did this for me, I MUST pay it forward.
- I will write you back if you contact me. Guaranteed. Unless you send spam.
- I will not bore you. If I do, you better email me immediately. Don’t leave a sista out there like that!
- I will not pretend to be perfect. I am a sinner. Which is the colossal reason why I needed a savior.
- I will post scripture.
- I will use too many hip-hop references (because when I’m writing I’m trapped in between the lines…). Pray for me.
- I will use strange and sometimes non-Christian sounding analogies in my blogs…like references to line dance, P. Diddy, C.S. Lewis, Philip Yancey, Michael Jackson, Motown, and Mr. Rogers. Bear with me, I promise it will all make sense in the end.
Buckle your safety belt
All that being said, take a deep breath and strap yourself in. You’re in for quite a ride!